I have been wanting to make these crackers from my LCHF bible, The Real Meal Revolution, for ages! My psyllium husk finally arrived in the post today so I could make them. Yay! These crackers are so simple to make and taste great. So great in fact that The Special One has instructed me to put them away for fear of finishing them.
This recipe is easy peasy. I had to make it in 2 batches because I didn’t have big enough baking trays but this wasn’t a problem.
200g sunflower seeds
60g flax seeds
100g sesame seeds
2 tbsp psyllium husks
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Combine ingredients and leave the mixture to stands until it is thick and pliable.
3. Spread the mixture out as thinly as possible on a baking sheet or in a baking tray. The mix should have no holes in it. (I lined the tray with greaseproof paper.)
4. Bake the trays for an hour. You may need to rotate them away from the hot spots in the oven.
5. After an hour and a few turns it should only take another 15 or 20 minutes until they are seriously crispy. (I used a fan assisted oven so didn’t turn it and just named it for 1hr 15 minutes.)
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, break them into any size you like and store in an airtight container.
Makes 16 crackers (I didn’t get perfect shape so got more than 16 but then we were eating them so not sure what the actual yield was.)
I’m so excited with how these turned out. It’s definitely something I’ll be making often. Tasted great with the nut butter we made last night and it was pretty awesome with some cheese. I’ll be attempting some low carb courgette humus soon which should be a good accompaniment to the crackers. Watch this space.
Thanks for reading x